Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman trimmer starter rope replacement

Visiting Guest

06-12-04, 08:50 AM   #1  
dozer1013
Craftsman trimmer starter rope replacement

I have a Craftsman 32cc gas trimmer model #358.795100 and the starter rope broke. How do I get to the pulley to replace the rope? I seem to be stuck at the clutch assy. It looks like if I could get that off I could remove the housing and access the pulley.

Sponsored Links

AL

06-12-04, 09:07 AM   #2  
ok take the spark plug out and run a long piece of rope or flexable plastic tubeing into spark plug hole so as to stop sthe engine from turning all the way around.With a long torx driver (I think its a T-20) take off the clutch drum.Then take the nut that holds the clutch shoes.Then the recoil cover will come off.When putting back together don't forget the spacer that fits around the crankshaft.This buts aganist the flywheel to hlod it tight.

AL

06-12-04, 09:45 AM   #3  
I'm SORRY don't know where my mind is today,I forget to tell you where the torx screw is they've got it hidden.
It's in the bottom of the hole that the drive shaft goes into the clutch drum

Visiting Guest

06-12-05, 09:35 AM   #4  
SAEED_NADIR
how do i get to replace the starter rope

[QUOTE=dozer1013]I have a briggs & stration 3.5 hp model # A1032c the starter rope broke. How do I get to the replace the rope? .

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-12-05, 10:55 PM   #5  
On the briggs, just remove the engine shroud.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread