Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

gas log splitter

Visiting Guest

06-12-04, 09:00 AM   #1  
hippomm
gas log splitter

I would like to purchase a gas log splitter. Three choices available so far.
Briggs & Stratton 6HP, 25ton, $999 at Home Depot; Yardmachine with Tecumseh(Chief) 6HP 25ton $1099 at Lowe's; Honda 6HP(?) 25ton $1299 at
Northern Tool Supply. All stores are in Atlanta, GA area. All three machines
work vertical/horizontal. Quality is more important than price. What recommendations can you provide? Any other suppliers I am unaware of in
Atlanta area? Thank you for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links

VA

06-12-04, 11:28 AM   #2  
HONDA wins, no comparison.

fred

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-13-04, 08:48 PM   #3  
Hello hippomm!

I agree, honda is my choice of your options by a landslide. (not to say the others wouldn't do the job and do it well).

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

06-14-04, 03:22 AM   #4  
Something to consider if you buy the Honda powered splitter. I'm not sure in your area, but generally there are few repair centers/parts locations for Honda as opposed to a domestic engine. And the most common troublesome area on any small engine is carburetor related issues. You will not find that there are many repair parts available for Honda carbs. Domestic engines' carburetors are fully rebuildable and any source for parts are usually just around the corner. Something to consider.

Search this Thread