Pressure Washer

Old 06-24-04, 01:03 PM
moho
Visiting Guest
Pressure Washer

undefined

I have a Craftsman 5hp, 1800psi pressure washer with a B&S I/C Gold engine.

Ok, so the pressure washer tumbled down a few stairs. I checked out the engine etc, its fine.

I am a damsel in distress!!! The spring will not "Spring" back. I have already broken two nails. I'm handy with small engines but have not been trained for the testosterone way of thinking of how to assemble this back together. Can anyone explain how to secure the end to the cover?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-04, 02:54 PM
Hello Damsel

Which spring is it you're referring to? Is it related to the engine or the pump? Post back with the model number of the unit and, if related to the engine, the engine numbers as well. Your owners manual should contain the unit number right on the front cover. Let us know and we'll be better able to help you with these.

Old 06-25-04, 11:29 AM
moho
Visiting Guest
Wink Damsel

Thanks

Washer is a gas Craftsman 5hp 1800 psi. model 580.751500 Engine is B&S model 133212, ,type 0159 01, code 95051907

I have been having so much fun recoiling the spring for the starter this way then that way....finally got it to recoil. Now the two white plastic pins are giving me a fit. (Can't get it to pull out to start) I WILL FIX THIS THING!!

I love being a woman but I could use a pair of Cahoonies about now!!!!

Old 06-25-04, 03:40 PM
Ahaa! It's the rewind starter spring you're juggling. I don't like to spend other peoples money, but if you want to save any aggrivation, go to a local Briggs dealer and buy a 497830 stater assembly for 30 bucks or so, bolt it on and you're done. Just be sure the blower shroud is not tweaked causing the starter to not line up properly with the stater cup whereas you will be buying another assembly if this is the case. Forget the cahoonies, they're ugly and won't make you any smarter by any means. Post back if you need more help.