Need Help Replacing Tractor Ignition Coil Replace r

Old 06-25-04, 10:23 PM
2dynamic
Visiting Guest
Smile Need Help Replacing Tractor Ignition Coil Replace r

Hello All-
Newby to the Forum- and would love some help.

I need to replace an ignition coil or rather module-
on a John Deere LT155 lawn tractor. It has a Kohler --Model: CV15S engine. _ Can anyone help me find a location on the internet that can help me out finding that culprit part on my machine- and replacing it? _ JD wants $110 for a manual and that's twice as much as the part. _ Perhaps the module is in a similar location to that of other JDs or other mowers? I am not sure. Does one generally just need the module or also the switch along with it? I definitely need the module ---mower will not start while hot etc...not sure about what HAS to be replaced along with it to assure reliability. Any pointers will be hugely appreciated. It is raining daily in Florida and I will be feverishly push mowing an acre of St. Augustine bi-weekly while eagerly awaiting a good samaritan response.

Cheers!

Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-04, 12:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Bill!

Just remove the large plastic cover from the top of the engine. You will see the coil module mounted with 2 screws next to the flywheel. It is a square shaped piece that has the plug wire attatched to it. Very easy repair. Make sure, when installing the new one, to leave .010" to .014" air gap between it and the flywheel magnets. A business card placed between them will provide approximately the correct gap.

Old 06-26-04, 09:15 AM
As for the manual issue, you can buy a Kohler engine manual at any repair shop that services Kohler's. Ask for part# TP-2339-D. This is an indepth manual for engine service. Any service related to the tractor itself though would mean you would have to buy a Deere manual. But for that price check with us here before you fork over that kind of hard earned loot. BTW, the engine manual is under ten fish.