Mtd Tractor

Old 07-02-04, 04:30 PM
mamawolfv
Visiting Guest
Flat tire (tubeless) on MTD tractor

My daughter backed over the front tractor wheel and it went flat.
I have it taken off, but I don't know how to seal it to hold air as it is
tubeless. Can anyone help me??

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-04, 08:09 PM
sceptre
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

hello,

make sure the rim is damaged, then with someone's help have them air it up while you press inward the tread this should seal the tire bead enough to
inflate the tire .

good luck i hope this helps.

Old 07-02-04, 08:09 PM
Cool easy fix

easy fix. there is a greasy or dark substance in the tire,if you can get to it, wipe some of it on the inner rim and the part of the tire that is behind the rim. after you have done that, take an air compressor and try to inflate it, if it begins to inflate, press on the tire about three inches above the rim and try to keep the tire against the rim. keep on adding air until it is full. that should work because that is how i did it and i had to use a foot pump. good luck and let me know how it goes, if i think of anything else i will let you know.

Old 07-03-04, 12:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Shouldn't be anything greasy in the tire, but other than that, I agree with the advice given. Keep fingers away from the area between the tire and rim when you begin inflating it. It will pop in place sometimes, and can hurt your fingers if in the way.

Old 07-03-04, 10:50 AM
mamawolfv
Visiting Guest
Flat tire (tubeless) on MTD tractor

Thank you for all your help, as usual you came through for me. With the help of my daughter we were able to take your advise and were successful in re-inflating the tire, and I am on my happy way to mow grass--took my oldest daughter who is battling lung cancer to the beach for two weeks--came home to all kinds of challenges. You are my salvation--Again, many thanks!!

Old 07-05-04, 12:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Great! Glad we were able to help! Thanks for letting us know how it went, and may God bless your daughter.