Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

lawnboy grass trimmer

WI

07-02-04, 09:48 PM   #1  
lawnboy grass trimmer

My lawn trimmer just stops running and it will not start after that until I let it sit awhile.I checked to see if the air vent was open on the gas capand it is whats next ?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-03-04, 12:15 AM   #2  
Hello gbpack1950!

Any model #s? 2 stroke engine, or 4 stroke? Do you have spark when it won't run?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

WI

07-05-04, 08:18 PM   #3  
Hi cheese The model is 1100 it is a 2 cycle engine now I can't keep it running at all it runs a min. or so and quits.It will start again but then stops again any ideas I switch carbs from another trimmer of the same kind and it still did the same thing also put a new plug in

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-05-04, 10:16 PM   #4  
Do you have spark when it won't run? Even though it's a new plug, you still might not have spark.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

WI

07-06-04, 12:29 PM   #5  
Hi cheese I just cut half the yard and it quit took out the plug no spark !

NY

07-06-04, 03:02 PM   #6  
I believe this is a trimmer made by Ryan (IDC, Ryobi, etc.) for Lawn-Boy and should have a kill switch with a wire running from the ignition coil to the switch. It doesn't sound as if the switch or the wire is to blame (based on your described trouble) but rather the coil itself. You didn't provide a serial # along with the model and since there are several model years for this particular model, you can go to https://lookup2.toro.com/partdex/ind...Caller=lawnboy type in your model and then narrow down the look-up to your serial and find the part number for the coil of your unit, call a local Lawn-Boy dealer and get a price for such. Good luck and let us know.

Search this Thread