grass gas trimmer

Old 07-08-04, 07:30 AM
deepcharge
Visiting Guest
Question grass gas trimmer

I am back again to ask help from you friends to give me sound advice on how to diagnose my Mcculloch gas trimmer, after I primer it and pull the cord to start....it will just run about 2 seconds and die, I re start again at least 3 times to find out....it will just do the same untill it gives up and won't start anymore, what shall I do to find out the problem of this ? we just moved into our first house a year ago, this trimmer was working fine then, untill now, I am still learning things arround the house including garden electrical machines, please help.
thanks again.
Deepcharge***

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-04, 07:24 PM
Cool

you will probaly need to clean the spark arrestor and check you air filter to make sure it clean. the sprak arrestor is just a screen between the engine and the muffler. remove the muffler and clean the arrestor with a wire brush and or replace it with a new one. if your air filter is dirty i would go ahead and reccomened you clean that to. good luck and hope this helps.

Old 07-08-04, 10:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you using the choke? Are you un-choking it when it starts? If you choke it just before it dies, does it try to run a little longer? I'm just asking these basic questions because you said you were still learning about the garden equipment you have.