kohler engine mod# m20s question

Old 07-11-04, 08:52 AM
marada
Visiting Guest
kohler engine mod# m20s question

i have a 95 model terramite backhoe w/20 hp kohler engine.started it up the other day and it did not want to run.sounded like the fuel was restricted or maybe a fouled plug.i bypassed the fuel filter, seamed like it is getting fuel,so i checked to see if the plugs were firing,i took out the left plug first, connected it to the lead and layed it down on the engine next to the plug hole,tryed to start the engine,it poped like a shotgun,tryed to start again, it started and ran, was getting good strong fire.done the same on the right plug, only this time when it poped i quit getting any fire from either plug.now engine will not run at all.seams like i may have damaged the ignition system.thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-04, 12:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello marada!

Try disconnecting the kill wire from the engine and see if you get spark then. If so, you have a problem in the wiring, safety switches, or ignition switch. Be careful, if the engine starts you won't be able to shut it off without reconnecting the kill wire, or choking it out or pulling the plug wire off. est to have both plugs removed to do this.