Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Karcher 3000 problems (pressure washer)

07-12-04, 05:07 PM   #1  
Karcher 3000 problems (pressure washer)

the gun has pressure but it spews water out of soap intake it is under pressure . Is there some kind of oneway vavle that has gone bad I have checked online manuel and pressurewasher parts.com to no avail.

Thanks in advance

Willc

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-12-04, 10:18 PM   #2  
Azis
Not real up on pressure washers but the last one I worked on, the line for the soap attatched to a nipple which threaded in to the outled of the pump, it was a valve itself.
I also recall something about a soap tip? In order to use soap I think a certain tip is required possibly. It should have been included if so.
Couple things to check tho if no help give us some model #s so we can look for diagrams.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-13-04, 01:45 AM   #3  
Hello Willc!

You will see that the soap nipple unscrews from the pump. Inside that nipple should be a spring and a check ball. This is what is not functioning properly. The spring could be rusted or distorted, or the ball could be rusted or stuck, or trash could be hung in it.

Let us know what you find!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

07-15-04, 06:52 PM   #4  
got it off and no spring or ball inside ? was it sussposed to de in the soap end of the nipple

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-15-04, 09:55 PM   #5  
Has someone had this part off before? Sounds like it has been removed and the parts either fell out or popped out and got lost. There has to be a check ball and spring in there for it to work. Is the pump# just 3000? Any other #s?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

07-16-04, 08:53 AM   #6  
Azis
The last diagram on this link, http://www.pressure-washer-parts.com/k_3000g_parts.asp
Maybe ball and spring are stuck in the outlet still, maybe a oring or plastic piece or something retaining it still????

Search this Thread