Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Gear Shifting/Brake Troubles Honda 3813

Visiting Guest

07-13-04, 06:27 PM   #1  
John Dillon
Gear Shifting/Brake Troubles Honda 3813

It is very hard to shift gears on my Honda 3813 and the brakes do not work well. I know the clutch and brake are connected somehow on this model. I don't think the brakes are bad, but rather there may be problems with the clutch that causes the brake to not engage. Right now it takes a lot of force to shift from gear to gear...it can't be good on the mower.

Anyone had similar experiences or advice on how to fix? Cheeze, you seem to know about this mower...have you had similar problems?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-15-04, 01:27 AM   #2  
Hello John!

Remove the 2 10mm bolts that hold the cover on under the seat area. You will see the clutch. it is about 6 inches across or so. There is a cable that goes to it. It should have adjustment nuts on the cable to adjust the tension on the clutch cable. Increasing the tension on this may solve both the shifting and the brake problems.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

07-15-04, 04:33 PM   #3  
John Dillon
Thanks Cheeze! I'll try it after I get it up and running again (after the new coil is put in).

Search this Thread