Echo Power Pruner won't idle

Old 07-18-04, 01:54 PM
condo64
Visiting Guest
Echo Power Pruner won't idle

Can someone help me figure out why my brand new Echo Power Pruner will not idle? The unit has no more than 30 min. of use. Checked all the basic concerns, i.e, clogged fuel, air filter, idle adjustment. HELP!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-04, 10:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello condo64!

If it's new, surely it's under warranty, right? Why not let them take care of it?

If for some reason you cannot, try idling it up with the throttle stop screw.

Old 07-24-04, 08:58 AM
condo,
Which direction did you take...DIY or let the dealer settle the issue?

Old 07-24-04, 10:21 AM
Wilson
Visiting Guest
power pruner

Hi Condo64,

We just purchased a new Echo power pruner where I work, to replace the one we had for 12 years that was broken in half when a large limb fell on it.
The new one we bought is very cold natured! When starting it choked, it takes several minutes in warm weather and longer in cooler temps to keep the engine to where it will idle on its own, use the ckoke lever and keep it moving from full choke to half choked until the engine is warm enough to use the throttle control and rev the engine high enough to turn the chain.

Old 07-27-04, 02:17 PM
I purchased three Echo machines this year.A back pack blower#602,PAS260 system with the string trimmer and blade edger attachments and an HCR150 Hedge trimmer. The 602 and the 150 have adjustment screws on the carb but the PAS is sealed. All three need to run a little bit before they will take throttle. It seems that they need a little heat in the bore in order to run properly. I am using the Echo power blend oil at 2.6oz./gal. and am not smoking or fouling plugs! Seems that the new "smogburetors" require a little warm up. If I touch the throttle before they develop some heat they will stall.Idle is poor till they warm up.
Marc