Toro help (Carb Link Locations)

Old 07-18-04, 04:34 PM
stlstrtrcer
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Toro help (Carb Link Locations)

i recently bought a '86 toro for $35 didn't run cleaned out carb started ran at very low rpm. found out problem was that when putting it back together i messed up the wire linkage to the carb. There is 2 links one has a spring on the end and the other one doesn't. does anyone know what the correct spots are for the 2 links? thanks for any help

Old 07-18-04, 09:43 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i have worked on several of these. they are all the same. 1st connect spring to bottom hole on governor. the wire link goes to arm off linkage usually to hole nearest engine. 2nd connect throttle wire {shortcurvy end to throttle hole next to small thottle plate spring}. next take long end of throttle spring and attach it to top hole in governor being very careful that bend in wire moves freely when bolted up. if you dont engine will start with throttle plate wide open full rpm. not good if this happens you will have to start over if it does happen. also throttle wire goes over the top of governor spring and should not bind in anyway if done right. when i hook up mine the throttle plate is partally open. i hope this helps. if you take your time a piece of cake.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: