Pressure washer problem

Old 07-18-04, 09:32 PM
Pressure washer problem

I have a Devilbiss 3540 cwhp 3,500 psi pressure washer with a 13 hp honda engine. It has sat outside for 2 years un-used. The cylinder had water in it so I figured it may be junk. After cleaning the gas tank & carb and running some marvel mystery oil through the cylinder and changed the oil it runs great.

When I hook up the garden hose with out hooking up the hose for the wand water comes out the connector that goes to the wand. (the pump has plenty of oil) But when I start the engine the flow/pressure of water coming out does not change. The pressure adjuster knob turned hard but it had no effect. Tonight I took the pressure adjuster knob apart and the spring etc. had rusty water in it so I cleaned it out & lubricated it and it turns easier now. I have not tried to run it again. The wand is broken is why I did not connect it.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do next or what I am doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-04, 10:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You'll probably have to have a hose and wand connected, because the water volume coming from the pump is no more than what goes into the pump (which is the same as what you have at your faucet). It just compresses it into the hose, which meters it out through the orfice in the end. The pump itself won't spray without the wand.