troy built weedeater problem

Old 07-20-04, 04:29 PM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
Unhappy troy built weedeater problem

I have 2002 troy built weedeater model#tb90bc rev p00 it has zama carb.a guy brought it to me to look at to see if i could fix it it wouldn't run at all notice gas leaking out of the carb. somewhere don't no where changed the gaskets it was still hard to start but i got it to run it ran good once it got warmed up turned it off let it cool still gas is leaking checked the plug just covred with gas i think the carb. is fluding itself out when turned off what would cause this ?? and what are the settings for the high and low screws??? need imedeant help if i could he's already asking is it all most ready thanks

Old 07-20-04, 05:40 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How long does it take to leak? One cause is if the fuel tank cap vent is clogged, it will allow the tank to pressure up from the daytime heat and that will cause gas to flood the engine since it is being pushed out the carburetor.

Old 07-20-04, 06:01 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
There is a needle and seat in the carburetor that shuts off fuel flow inside the carb. Most likely it has some debris or other problems. It should be under the side cover of the carb with 4 screws. Parts are small and delicate including spring. Best to get a kit while in there at least the diaphram and gasket, most small engine shops will have or can get them.

Old 07-21-04, 04:11 AM
buttlint
Visiting Guest
I have had the same machine in for service this year.
I found that the diaphram and fuel pump were harder than a rock. It was a year old machine, and the diaphram was like something that would you would expect too find in a 20 year old machine. I replaced them...and it was fine.

Old 07-21-04, 10:19 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
A carburetor reconditioning is in order here (if the fuel cap is not the culprit). On the carburetor will be two needed ID #'s to help me help you in getting the correct rebuild kit part number. The first will be similar to C1U, the second will be similar to P10A. Look (on the carburetor) for these, post back and we'll help you further.

Old 07-21-04, 01:34 PM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
weedeater problem

i tryed the cap when u take it off u can here the air release from it not alot but some the needle dose'nt have a little rubber seat down in it the needle itself has the rubber tip i changed the diafram gasget doesn't seem to help the carb. numbers are p18 21a what are the high/low settings for it ??
i even soak the carb. for two days.

Old 07-21-04, 02:44 PM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
troybuilt

i took the carb. back off just to make sure about the seat the HAS a rubber tip tryed to crack in choke wants to fire but flip the choke over try to crank it ..it to floods the engine take the plug out it is just covred with gas so it doesn't matter what i do it floods it maybe the set screws are not right

Old 07-22-04, 12:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Sounds like the needle is bad, or the lever that conects to the needle is bent up and contacting the diaphragm, holding it open.

Old 07-22-04, 02:28 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
The inlet needle lever has to be set at a correct height so that it meters the correct amount of fuel. If it is too high, fuel will continue to pour in, even at rest. Basically, the lever should be even with the surrounding chamber (not above it). Another problem may be the correct order of the diaphragm and gasket on the metering (inlet needle) side. The correct order will be carburetor, gasket, diaphragm then cover. Check these two areas and let us know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: