Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Alas, Another pressure washer question!

Visiting Guest

07-24-04, 10:44 AM   #1  
Wilson
Alas, Another pressure washer question!

Hi Guys,

I have an Excell PW about 2 years old with about 4 hours of use on it. Two workers were using it and they said it just shut down with them. It has a 5 hp OHC Honda engine on it. When pulling the start cord it had no compression on it. I removed the valve cover and the Plastic cam shaft pulley was shattered. Everything else seems ok.
What would cause the pulley to fail? And asummng all else is ok, when I replace the pulley how do i reset the timing?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-25-04, 02:16 AM   #2  
Hello Wilson!

What model# engine do you have? It has an overhead cam?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

07-25-04, 02:28 PM   #3  
Wilson
Model #

Hi Cheese,

Yes it has an overhead cam, and the model I'm not sure of right now. I will have to get the complete # at work tomorrow. A partial # is GC160 something, I will post complete # tomorrow.

Thanks

Visiting Guest

07-26-04, 05:12 PM   #4  
Wilson
Honda Engine 5HP Model GC 160 QHA - OHC- Needs timeing set?

Got it put back together today after 4 months of not having "TIME" , finally got a spark at the plug.
It started 2nd pull, it ran rather rough though. Sounds like the carb needs adjusted but I have everything back as when it was running good. It started 2nd pull. I'm not sure about how to set the timing. Any advice on how to time properly?

Thanks,

Wilson
Its on a 2400 PSI Excell Pressure washer, I started it with out the pump on, would that make it run different?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-26-04, 10:51 PM   #5  
Are you wanting to set ignition timing, or valve timing? If it is surging, it will probably quit doing it when the pump is installed.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

08-21-04, 12:19 PM   #6  
Wilson
Like New again

Thanks Cheese for your help. I found a company in Wisconsin that faxed me the procedure for setting the timing. I also found the breather button had broken and fallen out. Replaced the breather and it runs like new again!

Thanks again,

Wilson

Search this Thread