Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Yard -Man vibration problem

Visiting Guest

08-03-04, 05:54 PM   #1  
billkc
Yard -Man vibration problem

Ok first off my mowers info
its a MTD Yard-Man model No. 12A-559K401
with a Briggs & Sratton model 120602 Type 0131 motor

Heres my problem,

While mowing I hit a rock that had been thrown into my yard and it killed the engine.

I could visually see that the blade had been bent so I replaced it with a new blade. Ever since then the mower vibrates violently while running. I checked all the bolts to the blade as well as the bolts fastening the engine to the deck , all are tight.

So I'mnot sure whats causing the vibration. Could it be a bent shaft? if so can I replace it or is my mower toast?

Any thoughts on what I need would be appreciated
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-03-04, 09:44 PM   #2  
Azis
Remove the blade again and make sure that all dirt grass and any debris are clear from where it mounts to the hub and the washer...the bolt may be tight but could be some debris under the washer or mounting surface.
If not the case post back and we continue

08-03-04, 09:47 PM   #3  
sounds like you got a bent crankshaft. i just got one staightened out . it cost 35.oo. it has to go on a special machine. my brother in law hit a water main.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-04-04, 07:12 PM   #4  
Agreed, bent crankshaft. Replacement reccomended, but some people straighten them. (I have done both with good results).

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread