Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snapper mower will not start without starting fluid

Visiting Guest

08-10-04, 01:08 PM   #1  
rwekwert
Snapper mower will not start without starting fluid

Hello,
I have a Snapper self propelled electric start mower (RP21600E) with a 6 HP Briggs/Stratton engine that will not start without starting fluid. I have to take the aircleaner off and use the starting fluid to start the mower and continue to use the starting fluid for about 3 -5 minutes to keep it running until it will stay running on its own. The mower does not seem to have a whole lot of power either. After using the mower for a while if I turn the mower off or it stalls the mower will not start without starting fluid.
I have looked for a fuel filter on the mower but do not see one. I replaced the sparkplug and gapped it at .030. It does not run any better or worse without the airfilter. I have replaced the gas with new gas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
bob

Last edited by rwekwert; 08-10-04 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Title edit

Sponsored Links

NY

08-10-04, 02:30 PM   #2  
If we knew the engine model, type and code numbers we could help you out better. Somewhere on the flywheel shroud will be these numbers. Post back with these. Initially, assuming it is an overhead valve engine that is, is valve clearance issues. Tight clearances specifically. But post back the #'s first.

Visiting Guest

08-10-04, 05:45 PM   #3  
rwekwert
Snapper will not start without Starting fluid

Engine Model Type Code
12H807- 1530-21 96020156

Thanks!

Search this Thread