re: need parts for compressor, sort of OT

Old 08-13-04, 04:35 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
re: need parts for compressor, sort of OT

Hello All:

I hope Cheese, Snowman in Canada, Puey, Terminator and others are well.
Forgive me if I neglected to mention some regulars--it is not intentional.

Anyway, on to my request: I bought a 2 HP Buffalo Tools air compressor (2 gallon sausage tank) at a yard sale for $2 a month ago. Got it working and it is OK for a piece of junk made it China. Picked up one today for free but it needs parts. This one is also a 2 HP but has a 4 gallon tank and wheels.

Thing is, what I will call the "plate with sight glass" on the back side of the lower end is damaged, as is the rubber diaphragm for same.

I thought initially I might be able to repair it with JB Weld but that is not an option on closer inspection.

Would anyone here know where to find parts for these things?

I did a google and found BuffaloTools.com but they are wholesale only and the site has no contact info for parts.

If it gets down to it I can rob the working sausage unit for the needed parts and all will be well--but I'd like to get both of them going.

Cheerio,

Snoman53 (in the land of rain)

If the upcoming Winter is as wet as this Summer we will have a ton of snow

Old 08-15-04, 02:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Puey61 ran into the same problem, but with a generator instead of compressor, from buffalo tools. I was unable to find out any information at all. I didn't even find a way to contact the company. Hopefully you'll have better luck. If you do, let us know!

Old 08-18-04, 06:09 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
re: compressor parts

Hello Cheese and all else:

Hope you are all having a great week!

Found out a few more things tonight. Arrgh! Got up at 5 AM and just got home It's 9:05 PM EDT here now [GMT -5.]

Anyway, here's a link to the useless Buffalo Tools website: http://www.buffalotools.com/

That said....I did a search on 800 numbers this morning (using Buffalo as one of the variables) before I left the house and came up with this:
1-800-568-6657.

Called it a few minutes ago and it was answered as Buffalo tools.

All I got was voicemail, and that did not suprise me, as it appears they are based in St. Louis and using Central Time.

I'll do a C&P of this and start a new thread for Puey61 in the event he misses this post.

Cheerio,

Snowman53

Old 08-19-04, 02:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
I hope you have some luck with them. Thanks for posting the info, and let us know if you get anywhere with them. Product support doesn't seem to be readily available from buffalo.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: