Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Poulan 185R trimmer

Visiting Guest

08-14-04, 08:28 AM   #1  
MrBoots
Poulan 185R trimmer gas lines

I wonder if anyone can help me find info on which way the gas lines go on the Poulan 185 R trimmer, I had a friend helping me and he took the gas lines off before I had a chance to see which went where, it is a Walbro carb and this one has two lines coming of the primer.

Last edited by MrBoots; 08-14-04 at 01:07 PM. Reason: To clarify

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-15-04, 01:47 AM   #2  
The suction side of the primer goes to the short line that connects to the side of the carb. The pressure side of the primer goes to the line going into the gas tank without the filter on the end. The other line in the tank with the filter on the end goes to the other fitting on the carb.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

05-29-06, 07:06 AM   #3  
Poulan Pro 185R

Posted By: MrBoots I wonder if anyone can help me find info on which way the gas lines go on the Poulan 185 R trimmer, I had a friend helping me and he took the gas lines off before I had a chance to see which went where, it is a Walbro carb and this one has two lines coming of the primer.
I have the same problem you had. Let me know if you figured it out.

05-31-06, 10:37 AM   #4  
Okay, I figured it out.
On the WT-298 carb the gas port at the fuel pump end goes to the tank and the line with the filter. The suction line to the primer bulb connects to the other port on the metering end of the carb. The other line from the primer bulb goes to the line to the tank without the filter.

Search this Thread