Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

My Poulan Trimmer runs on choke only?

Visiting Guest

08-14-04, 02:07 PM   #1  
MrBoots
My Poulan Trimmer runs on choke only?

I think I have the gas lines sorted on it now but it will only run on full choke and only if I play with it.
It started great and ran long enough for me to adjust both the high speed and low speed settings.
Anyone have any idea what my problem could be?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-15-04, 01:35 AM   #2  
Hello MrBoots!

Sounds like you need to clean the carb, or you got the adjustments too lean.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

08-15-04, 11:06 AM   #3  
MrBoots
That Poulan is getting to me Cheese

Thanks for your reply and suggestions Cheese, unfortunately I apear to have the lines connected the right way and have cleaned the carb inside and out to the point of being just like new, The carb is a WT 298 unlike other carbs I have worked on this one has both gas lines in the body of the carb where others have one in the body and one to the side?
I can start the sucker, fine tune it and just about the time I go to use it the darn thing starts acting up again?
If you have any other suggestions I would apreciate hearing them if not I guess it is time to surrender and see my small engine mechanic.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-15-04, 08:09 PM   #4  
Sounds like a vacuum leak. Check the carb gasket, the manifold gasket, the manifold itself for cracks, and possibly the crankcase cover seal. I think it's warming up enough for some part to expand and let air in.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread