Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

stihl chainsaw problems

Visiting Guest

08-15-04, 03:13 PM   #1  
slurpee
stihl chainsaw problems

i have a 029 farmboss. i have relplaced fuel lines,cleaned carb,air filter and checked filter in tank.i need new spec's for high and low needle tuning on carb.i can get it ti idle with both screews one full turn out from seeded.but the the saw runs boggy when you pulled throttle and dies.it wadds up like too much fuel. can the carb dioframms go bad? im so lost. help ty

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-15-04, 08:06 PM   #2  
Hello Slurpee!

Does it stumble and sputter before it dies, or just give a smooth "waaah" and die? If the former, then try turning the high speed screw in a little. If the latter, then try backing it out a little. Yes, the diaphragms can go bad, but it sounds more like you may just have an adjustment problem. Can you rev it up more easily with the choke slightly on? If so, you need to back the H screw out more. There aren't really any "specs" for adjusting it. Every engine is slightly different and the adjjustments will vary slightly from engine to engine when fine tuned.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread