Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

honda gx340

Visiting Guest

09-06-04, 03:01 PM   #1  
todster4
honda gx340

i have a 1995 honda em5000 generator. The generator has a gx340 motor. Ever since the day I bought it, it has made a slight knocking/pinging noise when I put anything more than a 50% load on it. I took it back to the dealership and they said the noise was normal. I have heard other generators just like mine that don't knock under load. I have tried different grades of gas, had the valves adjusted, put new plugs in it and none of it made a difference. Any ways I wonder if any body here would have any idea what would cause it. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

NY

09-07-04, 03:18 PM   #2  
It would be near impossible to diagnose your trouble (if any exists) without being able to hear the thing run. I'd go to another shop and get a second opinion. Possible areas of concern though are: Carbon build-up in the combustion chamber; Ignition timing; Sloppy connecting rod to crank tolerance; Sloppy generator bearings. Good luck and let us know.

Search this Thread