Help! Need Sears "987.799840" Chipper Owner's Manual

Old 09-08-04, 08:03 AM
PearlyKay
Visiting Guest
Help! Need Sears "987.799840" Chipper Owner's Manual

Help! I bought a Sears Craftsman 8hp Chipper/Shredder (Model 987.799840) at a garage sale and I need a copy of the owner's manual. Sears says they are out of print and they don't have a copy they can photocopy for me.
The chipper worked great last year, but this year nobody can get it started up. Have poured gas into the spark plug hole and it only runs for 2 seconds then stops. It seems like there is a missing wire or a spring that should be running from the gas "Run" lever to the left side of the engine holding open the gas line. It must have rusted off over the winter.
Any and all info is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-04, 11:22 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Make sure you are getting fuel to the carburetor, remove the fuel line at the carb and check for fuel flow, if you get none trace the line back to the tank checking filters connections etc and also the tank.
If you have fuel to the carb then most likely will need some carb cleaning done. Let us know what you find on that note, in the mean time here are some links with manuals and parts breakdowns.
http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf This is a service manual that will cover your engine.
http://www3.sears.com/ use this link with your chipper model # to find parts list and breakdown diagram.
Your engine has its own model# "HM80-155446L" use this as the model to search for parts and diagram just for the engine.

I can find .pdf files for certain craftsman products but cannot seem to find a index or search for just what they have online. If anyone has found an index or search for these manuals, could you please share

Goodluck Pearly and pls keep us posted