Bare Tec !!!

Old 09-21-04, 05:38 PM
Bare Tec !!!

Have Tecumseh motor on 76 Ariens snowblower that is missing the carb, govener assembly,gas tank and the shroud covering the fly wheel.
Going to the Auto Recycling Center,(junk yard HA HA). Have found motor that looks the same only doesn't have cam shaft stub. The numbers for the j-y motor are h35-45456m 60138. Would like to know if the parts will inter change or what needs to be done, so I can have a dependable reliable running snow blower.
Thanks
T. J.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-04, 05:58 AM
bmwe0692
What is the hp of the engine that is on the Ariens? The one in the junk yard is a 3 1/2 hp and if it is the same hp as yours the parts should fit. Now the governor system might be a little trickier depending on what that motor was used on before. The cam stub as you put it is the auxiliary cam drive and if the junkyard one doesn't have it that's not a problem.
Also check with an ariens dealer, give him the model of your machine and he may be able to locate the number of the motor and then you can cross reference it in the Tecumseh book to see what the original parts look like.
Let me know how it goes.

snoman

Old 09-22-04, 06:38 PM
Snoman:
Thanks for the quick reply, don't know h-p of Ariens motor, no shroud to get numbers off of. The j-y motor has a small water pump on it. IF both motors are three & 1/2 then would the only problem be the governor settings?
Thanks Again
T. J.

Old 09-23-04, 06:40 AM
tj
Assuming the hp is the same on each (or close there of) then the only issue will be the governor linkage, arm, and setup. Give this site a try because it has a manual that will deal with governor settings and such. http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf
I hope this helps you.

snoman

Old 09-23-04, 07:44 PM
Bare Tec

Snoman:
I REALLY appreciate the quick response to my queries on the motors!!
Will try and get the govenor arm set.
Hopefully I'LL be ready for the snow.
LET IT SNOW !!! LET IT SNOW !!! LET IT SNOW!!!
Had to break out in a happy song !!!
THANKS AGAIN !!!
T. J.

Old 09-23-04, 07:50 PM
tj
You're more than welcome..glad to have been of assistance. Let me know how you make out.

snoman

Old 11-13-04, 09:52 AM
Bare Tec!!

TO SNOMAN;
It would be very remiss of me, if I did not thank you (even tho it is late) for your help in the rebuilding of my motor. Runs sweet, propels nicely, just to see it throw snow will be a very good sight.
Thanks for all of your good answers to my questions!!
Thanks again:
T. J.

Old 11-13-04, 10:02 AM
bmwe0692
Let the snow fly!!!!!! and you are definately welcome.
I'm just finishing off my latest toy. About a 1973 8hp Ariens 32"cut. Painted it, replaced the tires and chains with SnoHogs, and redid the motor....I can't wait either. Unfortunately the weather bureau is predicting above normal temps for the next week or so.

snoman