Troy-Bilt Chipper/Vac Plus, Mdl 47291

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-04, 04:36 PM
Question Troy-Bilt Chipper/Vac Plus, Mdl 47291

Last year, I removed the drive belt from my Troy-Bilt Chipper Vac Plus to clean and then wasn't able to return to it for several days. In the meantime, I forgot how the belt was routed (yeah, I know... I should have drawn a picture!). I routed it as I thought it would be - directly from the Rotor Assembly pulley to the Wheel Drive Pulley, but I have absolutely no torque to to the wheels now. There are two posts between the two pulleys, one with a flat towards the inside and I have tried running the belt between these, but still don't have much torque.

Does anyone have one of these critters and, if so, could you please remove the belt cover and let this dummy know how the belt is supposed to be run?

Thanks,
JimC

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-04, 05:06 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
You can find an owners manual or parts breakdown here http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/public/list.jsp, you will however need your Troybilt model# and serial #.

47291? May be your engine code?

Old 09-27-04, 05:18 PM
Troy-Bilt Chipper/Vac Plus, Mdl 47291

No, that is the correct model number - right off the model number plate and off the manuals. The manual and parts catalog show the belt as a part, but not the proper routing.

Thanks for your response.

JimC

Old 09-27-04, 07:27 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
So I see...now

Sorry bout all I got on this one..
good luck

Old 09-28-04, 12:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello JimC!

I am not familiar with that unit, but maybe I can help with a little basic rules for belt routing. Generally, the belt will ride with the flat side (back of the belt) on the flat pulleys, and the V side (inside of belt) on the V-groove pulleys. -The tensioner pulley will generally be on the belt in a spot where the belt is going away from the engine, instead of pulled toward the engine, and usually is a flat puley on the back side of the belt. -Most pulleys that have belt keepers will have the keeper in the middle of the length of contact area that the belt has on the pulley. -If it has 2 keepers, they will be close to the points where the belt first comes into contact with the pulley, and the point where the belt begins to leave the pulley. -Both the engine, and the main driven pulleys will have at least 2/3rds of the pulley wrapped with belt. The other pulleys (tensioner and idlers) may or may not. -The tensioner pulley will generally put pressure on the belt in such a way that causes it to wrap even further around the main driven pulley.

This should help you figure out how it went. (I hope ).

Old 09-28-04, 07:13 AM
Thumbs up

Cheese has given the best possible clues for belt routing. Follow closely what he says and it should solve your problem.

Old 11-28-07, 08:38 PM
Help! Owners / Operatior's manual for Gardenway (Troy-bilt) model 47291

Originally Posted by Azis View Post
You can find an owners manual or parts breakdown here http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/public/list.jsp, you will however need your Troybilt model# and serial #.

47291? May be your engine code?

Help! I've checked the above Troy-bilt site. No good for my Gardenway (manufactured by Troy-bilt) model 47291.

Azis: Your link is great for genuine Troy-bilt models. It doesn't work for my Gardenway 47291. I've entered the model# and s# taken from the metal plate. I've double and triple checked my numbers. No good, I'm sorry to say.

Someone has a 47291 Owner's manual. Help please!

Last edited by cheese; 11-28-07 at 11:15 PM. Reason: removed email and request for services
Old 11-28-07, 08:45 PM
Wink Troy-Bilt 47291 Manual

Gary_KC, Are you looking for the User's Manual and, if so, is there something you are specifically looking for or just the whole manual? I have manuals for most of my equipment in Adobe PDF format, but unfortunately not this one.

If you want the whole manual, I can copy it for you on my scanner (after I get some more paper) and send it. If you just want a page or two, I can scan them and send them attached to an email.

JimC

Old 11-28-07, 08:54 PM
Please send 47291 manual

Originally Posted by jimcrockett View Post
Gary_KC, Are you looking for the User's Manual and, if so, is there something you are specifically looking for or just the whole manual? I have manuals for most of my equipment in Adobe PDF format, but unfortunately not this one.

If you want the whole manual, I can copy it for you on my scanner (after I get some more paper) and send it. If you just want a page or two, I can scan them and send them attached to an email.

JimC
Jim,

Please send the whole thing. You could attach the whole thing as an attachment. Might need to zip the file. I've had 2 other people asking me for this. You'll be helping 3 owners out.

Thanks!

Gary

Old 12-10-07, 02:17 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Gary_KC View Post
Jim,

Please send the whole thing. You could attach the whole thing as an attachment. Might need to zip the file. I've had 2 other people asking me for this. You'll be helping 3 owners out.

Thanks!

Gary
Gary, did you ever get the two pdf manuals (Owners Manual and Parts Manual) I sent you via email? I sent them about a week ago.

JimC

Old 07-01-08, 07:03 PM
Troy Built Lawn Vacx Model 47291

Gary or Jim,

I could really use a copy of the manuals for the Troy Bilt Lawn Vac Model 47291. Any chance either of you could email them to me? Thanks much

Greg

Old 07-01-08, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by GAKAMM View Post
Gary or Jim,

I could really use a copy of the manuals for the Troy Bilt Lawn Vac Model 47291. Any chance either of you could email them to me? Thanks much

Greg
Greg, I still have the pdf files that I sent to Gary, so if you want them in that format, I can send them to you. I will need an email address to which to send them - be aware that they run from between 3.5 - 6 MB in size so you will need to check if your ISP will allow you to accept files of this size.

Jim

Old 07-02-08, 06:59 AM
Troy Bilt Lawn Vac Manuals

Jim,

I will send you a private message with my email address. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Greg

Old 11-17-08, 11:52 AM
Red face Troy Bilt 47291

Hello Jim or Gary or Greg,

Do any of you nice guys still have a copy of that Manual for the Troy Bilt Chipper Vac (garden way, inc). I am another person looking for some help. If anyone would be able to email it to me... that would be great!
my email address is **********************
Thanks! Kim

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-08-09 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Email address removed for your safety.
Old 11-17-08, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by amf15237 View Post
Hello Jim or Gary or Greg,

Do any of you nice guys still have a copy of that Manual for the Troy Bilt Chipper Vac (garden way, inc). I am another person looking for some help. If anyone would be able to email it to me... that would be great!
my email address is *******************
Thanks! Kim
Kim, I still have the manual in pdf format, 6 sections. I'll send them to you a little later this evening, so you will receive 6 messages, each with an attachment.

Jim

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-08-09 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-18-09, 07:51 PM
Need TroyBuilt 47291 manual

Dear Jim: I'm another Troy Built model 47291 owner w/o an owner's manual. Would certainly appreciate getting a copy of the entire manual if at all possible.

Thanks,

Doug

Old 02-18-09, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by DG048 View Post
Dear Jim: I'm another Troy Built model 47291 owner w/o an owner's manual. Would certainly appreciate getting a copy of the entire manual if at all possible.

Thanks,

Doug
Doug, if you'll provide your email address, I'll email them to you as attachments to multiple messages.

Jim

Old 02-23-09, 07:36 PM
Jim: thanks for the reply and sorry for delay on my part. My email is *******************. Thanks!

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-08-09 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Email address removed for your safety.
Old 03-08-09, 03:05 PM
Troy Built Chipper /vac

Jim,

Do you know if this manual covers the 5HP model #47279 as well.
I just inherited one from my mother-in-law and don't know the first thing about running it. I was able to snag a complete parts list and would be willing to make this available to anyone else. Parts are hard to get from what I hear, but the diagrams are clear enough that it may be of some use for assembly. Parts list covers #47278, 47279 and 47282.
I could use a copy of the 47291 just for reference purposes.
Thanks,
John
e-mail *********************

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-08-09 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Email address removed for your safety.
Old 03-08-09, 06:10 PM
i'm looking to get that manual too please..

Old 04-03-09, 08:29 PM
troybilt 47291

I too am looking for a manual a parts for this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 04-15-09, 02:09 AM
Troybilt part-vacuum snout and parts

I have a Troybilt chipper vac model 47279 Does anyone know where i can get a vacuum snout kit to replace the cracked one that I cant glue together. I cant seem to find a source for troybilt older parts.

Old 04-30-09, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by ourhome View Post
I too am looking for a manual a parts for this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Did you have any luck with your post on the Troy Bilt 47291. I am also looking for a manual. Surely someone should have one.
Thanks

Old 05-15-09, 07:42 AM
Hi all, Can anyone here share a copy of the
user-repair-parts manual for the
47179 or 47279 ?
I just inherited a 47279 but have no manuals.
Thanks for your reply,
Clint

Old 06-22-09, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by niamans View Post
I have a Troybilt chipper vac model 47279 Does anyone know where i can get a vacuum snout kit to replace the cracked one that I cant glue together. I cant seem to find a source for troybilt older parts.
I have a vacuum snout that I no longer use, if you are still in need of one. You may e-mail me at [email protected]

Mike

Old 06-22-09, 06:29 PM
TroyBilt 47291/47292 Owner/Operator Manual

Subject manual is available in 6 files (Sections 1-5 & Parts) at 4shared - free file sharing and storage - share folder - TroyBilt 4729147292

Old 06-22-09, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by gunworks321 View Post
Jim,

Do you know if this manual covers the 5HP model #47279 as well.
I just inherited one from my mother-in-law and don't know the first thing about running it. I was able to snag a complete parts list and would be willing to make this available to anyone else. Parts are hard to get from what I hear, but the diagrams are clear enough that it may be of some use for assembly. Parts list covers #47278, 47279 and 47282.
I could use a copy of the 47291 just for reference purposes.
Thanks,
John
e-mail *********************
Yes, the manual covers both the 47291 & 47292. See my last post for download info.

Jim

Old 06-27-09, 01:04 PM
Need Manual for Troy-Bilt GardenWay 47282 5Hp.

I really need a owners manual for a Troy-Bilt made by Garden Way model 47282 chipper/shredder/vac. I purchased it recently and it is like new and now runs great, I would really like to get a copy of an owners manual.. I would be willing to pay someone for copies if they have it.

Thank YOU
Bill

Old 10-28-09, 05:23 PM
Manual for Troy-Bilt 47291/47292

Check my previous post - click on the link for download access to the manual and parts listing.

Jim

Old 11-06-09, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by jimcrockett View Post
Kim, I still have the manual in pdf format, 6 sections. I'll send them to you a little later this evening, so you will receive 6 messages, each with an attachment.

Jim
Mr. Crockett,

I too have a model 47291 shredder vac (Troy Bilt) which was manufactured by Garden Way Incorporated. And, I also need an operator/owner manual. I just joined the forum this afternoon, and I can see what an asset it can be. If you could possibly send the manual to me, I would be happy to help pass it along to future requesters. Thanks in advance. BTW, my email address is ****
Bob Henrick

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-10-13 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-06-09, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Bob Henrick View Post
Mr. Crockett,

I too have a model 47291 shredder vac (Troy Bilt) which was manufactured by Garden Way Incorporated. And, I also need an operator/owner manual. I just joined the forum this afternoon, and I can see what an asset it can be. If you could possibly send the manual to me, I would be happy to help pass it along to future requesters. Thanks in advance. BTW, my email address is [email protected]

Bob Henrick
To download the six sections of the manual, click here. Click on the download arrows at the right side of the screen to download each section.

Jim

Old 11-10-09, 11:11 AM
troy-bilt chipper/vac 47279

I have a troy-bilt chipper/vac 47279 and i'm trying to find a drive belt for it. The part # is 1908537. Can anybody help me locate a new one. I've tried auto parts stores, tractor supply, small engine repair shops and the internet and can not find one. Thanks, jerry

Old 11-10-09, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by jwb1965 View Post
I have a troy-bilt chipper/vac 47279 and i'm trying to find a drive belt for it. The part # is 1908537. Can anybody help me locate a new one. I've tried auto parts stores, tractor supply, small engine repair shops and the internet and can not find one. Thanks, jerry
PartsDirect shows this part as "no longer available. No alternate or substitute part has been recommended by the manufacturer."

If it were me, I'd remove the old belt and take it to either a small engine repair business or an auto parts dealer. You only need the right length and width - perhaps they can match it.

I just did a double check on the internet for you and found your part at the OK Hardware Store for $15.00.

Jim

Old 07-16-10, 09:26 AM
troy bilt

Originally Posted by Gary_KC View Post
Jim,

Thanks!

Gary
I know everyone is asking you and I'm sorry but will you please send me the owners manual for model 47291. I will be so greateful. **************

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-10-13 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-16-10, 09:47 AM
Post Troy-Bilt 47291 Manuals

See message #31, dated 11-06-09, 05:53 PM. Click on the link and it will open a page where you can download the manuals yourself.

Jim

Old 11-25-11, 01:29 PM
Manual for Troy-bilt 47291

The links don't seem to work. Can I get a copy of the manual? We bought this from a neighbor and I'm having trouble finding the manual.

Old 11-25-11, 01:53 PM
Troy-Bilt Chipper/Vac Manuals

jamzmom, send me your email address and I'll send the manuals to you. Guess I need to find another location to post the manuals for everyone - one that doesn't delete the items after a certain amount of time.

Jim Crockett

Old 11-25-11, 06:49 PM
Troy-Bilt Chipper/Vac Manuals

I have moved the manual files to a new website. The URL for the new locations is:

https://skydrive.live.com/#!/?cid=06...2FC4B9C390!105

Click on the filename to download it to your pc.

Jim Crockett

Old 03-10-13, 12:53 PM
Your SkyDrive Link for the TroyBilt 47291

Aauugghhh!!! Do you still have this manual by any chance?? We just bought one and the guy didn't have the manual. I figured 'no big deal... I'll just download one. NOT!! Been all over the web with no luck -- until I have your thread.
You would be an absolute life saver if you still have it.
Thanks again.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-10-13 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Email not allowed. Soliciting not allowed.
Old 03-10-13, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
JC has not been back here since his last post.
Email addresses are not allowed on here nor is soliciting, which is grounds for banning.

Closed Thread