AYP/Honda Parts

Old 09-27-04, 04:46 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
AYP/Honda Parts

American Yard Pro Self propelled w/Honda OHV 5.0
AYP Model # YP5HY22CA
Honda Model GXV140 Serial # GJAB-7118327

I've cleaned the carb(air and spray cleaner) and have it running with some minor issues. The seat is part of the float assy and also plastic, it did not volunteer to come out and I dont want to pursuade it until I know I can find parts.
The problem is when the mower is not running and the fuel valve is left on it begins to leak gas within a minute or so.
The carb is a Keihin, there are some #'s on the flange begin with 03A... and a character or 2 that look like Janglish (Japanese/English).

Also the spring for the govenor lever has been tweeked and or replaced. If I could make sure I have the correct spring or new one or specs on it.....RPM was running away when it got to me. I found a setting for the idle RPM @2100 but need a high no load spec...?

The other problem is in the drive, (had none or little). The gear teeth on both wheels are shredded. I have found the wheels part # and can get them but may need parts for the transmision. An illustrated parts list would be great.

Is there a craftsman model that parts would cross to? Or who would I get parts from localy if possible.

The mower was a $50 auction item. The deck, minus the drive problem is in great shape and it has a Honda engine

Old 09-28-04, 12:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Hi Azis!

I doubt the seat is bad. You might have to change the needle, but I don't think I've ever had a honda seat go bad. To find a comparable sears mower, use a mower model# with a 917 prefix (which denotes AYP vendor for sears products). You should be able to find a sears mower with the same drive unit. Any small engine shop should be able to get you the parts for it. AYPs are pretty common.

I don't have specs on the engine handy, but I'm sure 3600 rpm would be about right for high speed.

Old 09-28-04, 09:39 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Well the seat is bad, the needle looks fine may have some wear but the problem is in the seat. It looks as tho some one tried to remove it with a pick or screwdriver. At any rate I need a kit and a seat if not included with the kit.

Honda says they need a designation besides the #'s I gave or have. I called AYP and they said they dont service the engine parts gave me local #'s to call and they tell me the same thing, they need #'s that are not on the mower to be sure which carb.
I am assuming the designation is for what application and Vendor the engine is being used?
Honda says I should have other #'s like QXV........ the dealer AYP gave me the phone # for says I need #'s like N2TA.....
Guess I will scour the engine Again for more #'s or try to get ahold of someone that will take the time to do some cross referencing....

Old 09-29-04, 12:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Ohhh, you have a damaged seat, lol. Ok. The numbers Honda wants are probably cast or stamped onto the side of the engine block. It might take a bit of cleaning to find them. (that's where most honda #s are located anyway).

Old 09-29-04, 08:03 AM
asa
Visiting Guest
Engines with type designation "QXC" stamped near the serial number have an internally vented carburetor. float height is (0.52) , main jet size is #65. the exploded view of the keihin carburetor shows no seat. parts distributor , Norwest engine Ph#(509)534-8599 Spokane,WA 99202.

Old 09-29-04, 09:18 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
I still have not found any other #'s on this engine, however did find a shop that says they have and should be able to match the carb parts. $28.27 FOR THE NEEDLE ONLY!!!!
And the seat is apparently a non replacable insert, and I DO NOT even want to know how much they want for a new Carb
Guess I bite the bullet on the needle and see about givin the seat some lovin with a modified drill.

Thx for the replies and info asa, I will add it to my goody book

Old 09-29-04, 12:49 PM
asa
Visiting Guest
I buy my parts at year round equipment, lakewood,CO 80215 Watts 1-800-338-2616 honda needle valve #16011-ZEO-005. parts# for oregon part 49-996 retail price $4.95

Old 09-30-04, 09:26 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Thx asa I called and have a catalogue in the mail
As far as this carb well, a new seat did not change ne thing. Bench testing the needle and seat, it appears to be leaking around the insert itself, and while the other folks I have talked to say it is quite rare, they have seen it and requires the carb be replaced

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: