New Edger problems

Old 10-01-04, 09:07 AM
New Edger problems

I bought a Yard Machine edger a few months ago. Now, I only edge my yard every 2nd or 3rd time I mow, so I've only used this thing like 5 times. I've never gotten it started in less than 8 or 9 pulls. The last time I got it started, I pulled on it for five minutes, let it rest and came back and pulled on it 'til it started. Tried it yesterday, I was unable to get it started at all.

The manual says change the oil after 5 hours of use. I bet I haven't used it for a total running time of 1 hour since I bought it.

It's been too long to take it back to Home Depot. Should I contact the mfger or is there any tips someone could give me?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-04, 01:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello bigdog43!

What brand and HP engine do you have? It should be under warranty, but sometimes carb related problems (which is probably your issue) are hard to get repaired under warranty.

Old 10-02-04, 10:39 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Are you sure you are following all "Starting Procedures" correctly? If you have not been able to start it in less than 8 or 9 pulls since it was new (If no signs of life after 3-5 pulls, I begin looking for reasons why or why not), perhaps there is a step in starting that is being over looked

If you have misplaced or lost your owners manual, its most likely available online.

Search this Thread