briggs and stratton carb.


Old 10-02-04, 10:34 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Exclamation briggs and stratton carb.

Well lets see I think I have really messed up .. I need help on removing a nozzel from the carberator. It is the one that runs up the shaft from the fuel cup. The thing is that it is stripped out and cannot figure out how to remove it with out damaging the carberator. any help will help greatly.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-04, 11:51 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Largely going to depend on which carb you have. Post the #'s off your engine and we can be of more help.
Does the jet you are trying to remove have a slot on it? If so its threaded if not its pressed. Each have a slightly different method of removal.
Old 10-03-04, 02:43 AM
cheese's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 17,181
Received 17 Votes on 15 Posts
Sounds like you may have a 5hp or larger horizontal shaft engine with bowl carburetor. The nozzle, wehn stripped, is very hard to remove and may require drilling. If you're careful, you might be able to work the carb apart (possibly ruining the nozzle) and use pliers to turn the nozzle from the other end to get it out, and install a new one. Without engine model#s, I'm not sure if this is the carb you have or not. Sounds like it though.
Old 04-21-09, 08:55 AM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
same problem

Hi Cheese -
I'm having the same problem as described in this discussion thread.
Engine model #252707-0675-01
Nozzle part #231323

I was able to get the old nozzle out (not easily), but then I also stripped the head of the new one when trying to install it.

Is there a special tool to install this part??
It has a head similar to a flat head screwdriver, but much wider, causing it to strip very easily (especially since this part is made of a soft metal and the fit is very tight).
I'm picking up another new part today...hoping you or the small engine shop can give me insight on how to install this part without stripping the head out again.

Old 04-21-09, 12:44 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: usa
Posts: 7
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Don't use a regular (keystone) flat-blade screwdriver to remove/install the nozzle. Instead use a 1/4" flat-blade cabinet screwdriver. The shaft on this type screwdriver stays a constant diameter the entire length instead of widening out and making the tip the shape of a keystone. This type screwdriver can be gotten at Sears or Lowes. At the local Lowes they are in the electrical section and at Sears they aren't with the regular screwdrivers but elsewhere on the same aisle.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title: