Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman gas weedwhacker start cord won't pull

Visiting Guest

10-03-04, 10:19 AM   #1  
Remy
Craftsman gas weedwhacker start cord won't pull

I have a Craftsman gas weedwhacker which won't start. The started pull-cord won't give. Anyone have any experience with these or ideas?

Sponsored Links

CANADA

10-03-04, 03:45 PM   #2  
Remy
What do you mean by "the starter pull cord won't give"? Does that mean your motor won't budge or turn over? What happened to cause this dilemma? Incorrect fuel mixture,carb adjustments?
Let me know.

snoman

Visiting Guest

10-05-04, 05:32 AM   #3  
Remy
thought

The start cord will not pull out when trying to start the engine. It usually pulls out about 2 feet worth of cord.

I am not sure what caused this. It would not surprise me if the fuel mixture has been to light on oil the past 2-3 uses.

Visiting Guest

10-05-04, 09:09 AM   #4  
Azis
I am not sure how many different weed wackers Craftsman makes but its several and without knowing which yours is, it will be hard to provide accurate advice.
A good chance the starter rewind assy has messed up. If the piston has seized there is a chance to free it. What were the circumstances leading to this problem? What model of trimmer do you have?
If the rope starter is between the engine and the boom, there should be 4 bolts to remove the boom and access the rewind assy. Check to see if the rope is tangled or hung. If not remove the spark plug and see if you can rotate the engine one way or another.
If this doesnt help post the model #'s from the unit.

Search this Thread