Tecumseh 8 HP snowblower

Old 10-10-04, 07:41 AM
fin man
Visiting Guest
Tecumseh 8 HP snowblower

I recently bought a used HMSK80 snowblower,(Noma), that would not start. I drained all the old gas and cleaned the fuel bowl and replaced the engine oil. I put fresh gas in, primed it and used the electric start to fire it up. It started right away. It sputters a little when running with the choke on but as soon as I turn off the choke it stalled. The throttle works fine and when the engine does warm up, 2-3 minutes, it runs smoother but will still not run when the choke is turned off. Is there an illustration some where showing which adjustment screw to turn to get the engine to run as smooth as possible without the choke on?

Old 10-10-04, 09:35 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
fin man
The adjustment that you make is on the high speed needle, it's located on the bottom of the bowl. When the machine is up to operating temp, just open the screw (counter clockwise) about 1/8 of a turn and you should start seeing a difference. Now open the choke fully and if the engine still wants to die out, open that screw a bit more.
In the worst case scenario, you may have to do a carb rebuilding, depending how badly the fuel varnished up the orifices inside the carb.
This site has an online manual that you will find very useful too.
http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf you might want to burn it to disk so you can have it on hand whenever you need it.

snoman

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: