Tecumseh 11hp will not start.

Old 10-08-04, 12:09 PM
Torino
Visiting Guest
Tecumseh 11hp will not start.

I have a 2 year old Muarry with a 11hp Tecumseh. Yesterday I tried starting it but the battery was weak. Installed a new one but the engine would turn over but not start. I thought it was flooded. This engine seems to flood easy. Tried to start it today with no luck. Installed new plug still will not start. Could it still be flooded? It is getting a spark. What do I do now?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-04, 12:36 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
If your sure you are getting spark, pull the air cleaner and put a spoonful of gas in the carb. If it fires you have carb or fuel flow problems.

Old 10-08-04, 03:25 PM
Torino
Visiting Guest
What if you can all ready see gas in carb?

Old 10-08-04, 05:36 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
You could have water or bad fuel. Drain the fuel bowl, disconnect the fuel supply line and try a little fuel in the carb. If it fires you have fuel or carb issues, fuel being bad fuel or fuel flow. Try flushing the line and tank and new gas.

Old 10-08-04, 11:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check the oil for smell of gas. If it is thin, overfull, and smells like gas, then the carb is leaking fuel. The float, needle, and/or seat may be bad, and the leak will have to be repaired. Then, the thinned oil will have to be changed before running it.