Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

weedeater blower

Visiting Guest

10-18-04, 05:51 AM   #1  
jimbo5290
weedeater blower

I have a weedeater featherlite FL1500 blower that will not crank. The primer bulb will not pump gas. I have taken it apart and blew out the orifices, but still won't crank. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may be the problem?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-18-04, 08:25 AM   #2  
Azis
When you say "Crank over" do you mean the engine will not turn ...or the engine will not Start?
If the latter...have you checked for spark?

Visiting Guest

10-19-04, 04:58 AM   #3  
jimbo5290
I meant the engine will not start. Yes I have checked for spark. Gas is not entering the carburetor from the primer bulb.

Visiting Guest

10-19-04, 09:27 AM   #4  
Azis
It sounds like you either have pluged fuel lines or they are hooked up incorrectly.
If you or no one has changed the fuel lines around remove each one individually and see if you can blow through it. Do one at a time and clean or clear as necesary and replace then check another. Your supply line should have a filter on it that sits in the bottom of the fuel tank, make sure it is clear also.
If the lines are all clear, check the primer bulb connections. If you remove the lines on the primer, press it, one port will blow air, this one goes to the gas tank. The other port should suck when released, this line goes to the carb. If the primer will not operate properly with both lines removed, replace the bulb.

Search this Thread