Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snowblower Headlight

Visiting Guest

10-18-04, 12:07 PM   #1  
FairportPhil
Snowblower Headlight

I have a 5 hp pullstart NOMA snowblower, purchased in 1993, and it works very well. It does not have a headlight, and it does not have an alternator, so I cannot attach an aftermarket headlight kit. I am trying to find a suitable battery operated light or lamp that I can attach (somehow) to the machine for nighttime snowblowing. I need a lamp something like an ATV headlight, or smaller, that will operate on batteries and will adequately light up an area in front of the machine about 8 feet wide and 15 feet deep. I checked the VectorLite products, and they seem to have very bright spotlights, but they may be too focused, much too bright, and I probably need a wider beam. I also need a lamp that will tolerate cold temperatures and some vibration. Does anyone know of such a light accessorie, perhaps a very bright bicycle light that will take the vibration, or something similar??

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-18-04, 05:48 PM   #2  
Azis
I think most SnowMobiles have headlights, perhaps modifiy an assy? Or some 6v headlamps like motorcycles. I personally would not think dry cell battery power hours you are going to require. It would require charging each time however.

Did the headlight kit provide for mounting a battery?

Super Moderator

CANADA

10-18-04, 06:29 PM   #3  
FairportPhil,

You can pick up a small floodlight with a housing at farm supply stores for about twenty bucks and use a small deep cycle battery.
You only need to fabricate a secure bracket for the battery and recharge before each use.

GregH.........HVAC/R Tech

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-18-04, 11:58 PM   #4  
Check on hat lamps, or miner's lights...you know, the kind you wear on your head. Should be easy enough to mount.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread