Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

weed trimmer starting problem

Visiting Guest

10-19-04, 06:44 PM   #1  
dtkopp
weed trimmer starting problem

I have a husqvarna weed trimmer model 323c that appears to be getting fuel but will not fire. Did new fuel and plug.When I pull starter plug will only spark when I pull quite fast otherwise it does not spark, not sure if that is normal?

Last edited by dtkopp; 10-19-04 at 07:01 PM.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-20-04, 01:24 AM   #2  
Do you have to pull it faster than normal to get spark? It won't spark if it is turned too slowly. Can you put some gas into the plug hole and get it to run for a few seconds?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

10-20-04, 06:55 PM   #3  
dtkopp
It seems like I have to pull it faster, and no it will not fire even if I put gas in the plug hole. When it did start this past weekend I could restart it at least 20 times hardly cranking it at all, then the next day it was dead again, thinking it was a fuel issue although fuel poured out of muffler when tilted??

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-21-04, 12:35 AM   #4  
Fuel pouring out the muffler indicates carburetor trouble. It may even be gassing the plug, causing you to have to pull it hard to get it to spark. Sounds like you need to overhaul the carburetor and replace the plug.

God bless!

Visiting Guest

12-09-04, 02:48 PM   #5  
dtkopp
carb

yes it was a problem with carb, I looked at the diaphram thinking it was ok but was told that if you press on it should not stay in or out but instead in center ? works perfectly know.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-09-04, 10:42 PM   #6  
Great! Thanks for keeping us posted!

God bless!

Search this Thread