weed trimmer starting problem

Old 10-19-04, 06:44 PM
dtkopp
Visiting Guest
weed trimmer starting problem

I have a husqvarna weed trimmer model 323c that appears to be getting fuel but will not fire. Did new fuel and plug.When I pull starter plug will only spark when I pull quite fast otherwise it does not spark, not sure if that is normal?

Last edited by dtkopp; 10-19-04 at 07:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-04, 01:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Do you have to pull it faster than normal to get spark? It won't spark if it is turned too slowly. Can you put some gas into the plug hole and get it to run for a few seconds?

Old 10-20-04, 06:55 PM
dtkopp
Visiting Guest
It seems like I have to pull it faster, and no it will not fire even if I put gas in the plug hole. When it did start this past weekend I could restart it at least 20 times hardly cranking it at all, then the next day it was dead again, thinking it was a fuel issue although fuel poured out of muffler when tilted??

Old 10-21-04, 12:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Fuel pouring out the muffler indicates carburetor trouble. It may even be gassing the plug, causing you to have to pull it hard to get it to spark. Sounds like you need to overhaul the carburetor and replace the plug.

Old 12-09-04, 02:48 PM
dtkopp
Visiting Guest
carb

yes it was a problem with carb, I looked at the diaphram thinking it was ok but was told that if you press on it should not stay in or out but instead in center ? works perfectly know.

Old 12-09-04, 10:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Great! Thanks for keeping us posted!