Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tecumseh Carb

Visiting Guest

10-21-04, 12:08 PM   #1  
ascher
Tecumseh Carb

OK, I'm not too sharp. Last winter in the middle of a snow storm I tried to clean to carburator of my Sears snow thrower, with a tecumseh engine. I dropped the inlet needle in the snow and never found it.

This year, I'm thinking ahead. I've just purchased the inlet needle kit which includes the needle, a spring and an 1 1/2" gasget all which I know exactly where they go. There is also a very small gasget (1/8"). From a size perspective it appears that it would go at the bottom of the inlet needle. Is this so? I'm reluctant to put it on the needle (there seems to be a place for it) if that's not the right place.

Best guess as to the use of this gasget?

Sponsored Links

CANADA

10-21-04, 12:33 PM   #2  
ascher
That 1/8 gasket that you have is the needle seat. You have to remove the old one from your carb (be careful when removing the old one so you don't scratch the sides) and place it in with the flat end of the seat towards where the needle will seat into. Go to this site and get the pdf for your motor then go to page 21 for seat removal and 26 for seat installation.
http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf
Hope this helps.

snoman

Search this Thread