echo gas blower help

Old 10-22-04, 03:06 PM
imcdnjoe
Visiting Guest
echo gas blower help

hi, i'm new

i have a problem with my blower, its model pb-400e i think its pretty old..

i just changed the spark plug rebuilt the carb and got new fuel lines..
when i tried to start it, it would start for a second then stop.. or it would start sputter then stop.
i dont know what is wrong with it.

p.s i am an amateur at this stuff but i have done rebuilds before

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-04, 07:43 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Actuall I found an Owners manual with some trouble shooting charts that are simple and straight forward if you have some basic mechanical skills.http://www.echo-usa.com/technicalsub...400e&B1=Submit
Way more info there than I could post here You can also find a parts catalog. Diagrams are great reference. Its a .pdf file you can save and print. Notice there are 3 choices, if you can find the serial # of your tool, you can choose the correct one. The troubleshooting chart from either will apply.

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem, although I noticed some wiring and such mentioned in the charts.

Good luck and keep us posted

Old 10-23-04, 12:49 AM
imcdnjoe
Visiting Guest
yes, i have been to that website, but if you look at the trouble shooting chart all the answers are one word answers and don't explain it...

i mean i get fuel to the engine and everything it starts..but stutters and stops
i guess i will keep just trying...

Old 10-23-04, 09:42 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
I didn't gather from your first post that you had referenced any technical data. No worries we can help ya break it down and help you understand a little better.
Any thing on the chart you have a ? about post here and I bet we get it cleared up for ya.
For now try this. If you have a small squirt bottle or something you can put a small amount of gas in. ( only need about a 1/4 cup or so, so almost any container will do just do not leave the gas in it when done) Put about 1/2 a teaspoon of gas in the carb, start it and drip gas in the carb from your container. See if you can bottle feed it and get it to run for say 30 seconds this way. If so then you definatley have fuel delivery problems most likely the carb. You said you rebuilt the carb, did you install a kit? What steps did you do in the rebuild?
Don't give up on us yet we wont give up on you that easy

Old 10-23-04, 02:04 PM
imcdnjoe
Visiting Guest
ya its fuel problem, i tried again today i got it running for around 5 minutes but when i mess with the throttle is sputters and stops, and when i start it, its not at idle speed its probably around 1/4 throttle and it just sits there, but if i slow it down or speed it up it sputters then stops..
i think its the carbs problem i'm gonna take it apart and see whats up today

thanks

Old 10-23-04, 03:41 PM
imcdnjoe
Visiting Guest
yup its the carb.. one of the diaphragms i put in is not the right one and its on the fuel pump... so i guess its not making a good enough seal...

Old 10-24-04, 05:57 PM
imcdnjoe
Visiting Guest
need some more help

ok so i rebuilt the carb this time i did it right... when i start it i can't start it with the valve touching the idle screw, i have to put the throttle at 1/4 for it to start, when it starts it starts fine it also revs alright, but it has very slow reaction.. when i move the throttle to full the revs don't move up instantaniously it takes a bit for it to go up to go up..also when it is revving high fuel starts leaking out of the carb....

what else i noticed was that there are 2 lines to the engine the fuel line from the tank to the carb... and another line from the carb to the crankcase of the engine...before when i had a bad diaphragm in the fuel pump gas was in both lines now there is only gas going to the carb from the tank and the other line is empty. is this right??

thanks

Old 10-24-04, 11:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like you still have a carb problem, and/or possibly a clogged exhaust. Are you sure the lines are connected right (not mixed up)?

Old 10-30-04, 07:19 PM
timd
Visiting Guest
A clogged exhaust is what was wrong with my Echo edger. It had fuel coming out of the carb, too!