Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

carb repair

Visiting Guest

11-05-04, 04:03 PM   #1  
imcdnjoe
carb repair

hey i was wondering if there is any thing i could do to repair a diaphragm for a 2 stroke carb instead of buying a repair kit..... there is a little tear in the diaphragm letting air get out so it doesn't create vaccuum on the fuel pump

would some kind of glue work?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-05-04, 04:13 PM   #2  
sceptre
you need to buy a repair kit $5-$10.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-05-04, 06:38 PM   #3  
Correct...no glue. It is in gas. Glues won't hold and will probably wind up gumming up the orfices in the carb, potentially ruining it. If you just need a diaphragm you can probably get one for 1 or 2 bucks at a small engine shop. That's cheap enough, right?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

11-06-04, 09:18 AM   #4  
imcdnjoe
it was just the hassel of going to an engine shop because there isn't one around here i have to go further, and the last time i went to that shop they sold me the wrong kit.... and i didnt notice that till i put everythign together and tried starting it

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-06-04, 10:45 PM   #5  
Ahh...I see. Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to take the trip. Take the old one with you so you can verify you have the right one. (I'm sure that's what you had planned on anyway, but thought I'd mention it).

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread