2 stroke engine exhaust

Old 11-10-04, 05:20 PM
imcdnjoe
Visiting Guest
2 stroke engine exhaust

hey there i was wondering if there is a free program out there that can help my build an exhaust for my 2 stroke engine.....

or if any of you have a know how please post..

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-04, 09:38 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Engine? Application? What are you trying to accomplish? Program? You looking for software for design?
I would assume you are wanting more than a soup can with some holes in it, but other than that I have no idea what you are looking to accomplish by building your own over any market item that may be available.....

Old 11-11-04, 10:31 AM
imcdnjoe
Visiting Guest
well i'm trying to build a mini bike with the engine and the stock exhaust won't fit where the engine is mounted right now and i don't want to buy an aftermarket one since i don't want to spend that much money...
what i'm asking is that i once saw a program on a website where you enter your numbers in to it and it shows you the dimmensions of the expansion pipe part, so it can be tuned to my engine.... does that make if more clear?

Old 11-11-04, 12:44 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
ahhh yep indeed understand now, as far as a free program sounds like your looking for a CAD type software, and whatever you seen was most likely specialized or had a template built for the program.
I would try a google search for software, for ideas see what is sold that would work and see if you can apply your own materials to that design.

As long as no baffles are involved, and you just want to match the volume of the old pipe to a smaller dia longer one, use water to fill the old one, pour that amount into the new pipe and cut just above the water level.