Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Murray Riding Mower Drive Pulley Replacement

GA

11-11-04, 01:26 PM   #1  
Murray Riding Mower Drive Pulley Replacement

Im working on a 1997 Murray Riding Mower Model 30575X8B; SN 7251005572D00092. I work on very few riders. The drive pulley is bent and needs replacing. (It appears as though the previous owner used a screw driver to remove or attach a belt and in the process bent the pulley.) The pulley is located under the frame of the rear mounted engine. There does not appear a way to get to the gear from the top side of the mower. According to the parts list diagram, the pulley is attached to the transmission with a retainer ring. However, it appears that there is no way to get to the retainer ring without dropping the transmission. Assuming that is what needs to be done, any tricks to removing and reinstalling a transmission in a rider? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-11-04, 04:52 PM   #2  
Azis
Should be pretty easy just the mounting bolts, linkage,maybe safety switch and wiring, make sure you mark your holes and note any shims. The frame holes may have some sloted or just sloppy so mark for alignment before removal.
You may be able to drop it just enuff to get at the pulley without removing some other items, but I usually find that making a simple job a real pain

GA

11-12-04, 02:52 PM   #3  
Thanks for the idea about marking the holes and watching out for shims. I'll let you know how it goes.

Robert

Search this Thread