Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

kubota ignition switch

Visiting Guest

11-17-04, 06:35 PM   #1  
donge62
kubota ignition switch

I have a kubota 6.5k generaotor, the problem with it is when I turn it on I can't turn it back off with the key, I kill it by using the troke. what do you think the problem is?

Sponsored Links

11-18-04, 06:09 AM   #2  
suggest posting your question in the outdoor power equipment and small engine forum with specific model, gas or diesel engine, you will likely get more help there.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-19-04, 01:48 AM   #3  
Well, I assume this engine is gas instead of diesel since you mentioned it has a choke. You didn't mention what kind of engine you have, or more specifically, what kind of ignition system. You probably have a problem in the wiring to the kill circuit of the coil. Possibly a bad switch, or possibly a bad ground wire from the switch. Does this have a 5 terminal keyswitch that takes the common Indak key?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

11-19-04, 04:34 PM   #4  
Please provide as much info as possible. You may have to consult your manual if you don't know already. We are looking for,

Brand of equipment

Model number
Serial number
Type number
Code number
All this should be located on the engine shroud

Gas or diesal?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-20-04, 12:22 AM   #5  
We know the brand of equipment is kubota already. We don't need the serial#, and the type and code only apply to Briggs and Stratton engines. The make and model are what's important, but not always necessary. If it has a choke, it's not diesel.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread