kubota ignition switch

Old 11-17-04, 06:35 PM
donge62
Visiting Guest
kubota ignition switch

I have a kubota 6.5k generaotor, the problem with it is when I turn it on I can't turn it back off with the key, I kill it by using the troke. what do you think the problem is?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-04, 06:09 AM
suggest posting your question in the outdoor power equipment and small engine forum with specific model, gas or diesel engine, you will likely get more help there.

Old 11-19-04, 01:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Well, I assume this engine is gas instead of diesel since you mentioned it has a choke. You didn't mention what kind of engine you have, or more specifically, what kind of ignition system. You probably have a problem in the wiring to the kill circuit of the coil. Possibly a bad switch, or possibly a bad ground wire from the switch. Does this have a 5 terminal keyswitch that takes the common Indak key?

Old 11-19-04, 04:34 PM
Please provide as much info as possible. You may have to consult your manual if you don't know already. We are looking for,

Brand of equipment

Model number
Serial number
Type number
Code number
All this should be located on the engine shroud

Gas or diesal?

Old 11-20-04, 12:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
We know the brand of equipment is kubota already. We don't need the serial#, and the type and code only apply to Briggs and Stratton engines. The make and model are what's important, but not always necessary. If it has a choke, it's not diesel.