Murray Snowblower won't move but runs

Old 12-08-04, 12:25 PM
karajoyser
Visiting Guest
Question Murray Snowblower won't move but runs

I just bought this snowblower two winters ago and now when I took it out of storage it wouldn't roll. The tires are locked and I made sure it is in neutral when I moved it. I brought it home....it fires right up but when I put it into gear and let the clutch out it pulls for a split sec and then can't move it all. Does anyone know why this is happening or what I can do to fix it. I don't want to take it into a shop and be overcharged if there is something I can do to fix it. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-04, 07:04 PM
karajoyser
It sounds like something is binding in the transmission area. Take the back pan/plate off the blower and visually inspect the drive wheel, linkages, etc to see what is not becoming disengaged. If you can give us the model of the machine then maybe I can find a picture of it on the net to give me some more insight.

snoman

Old 12-14-04, 07:22 PM
re: Murray Snowblower issue

Hello Karajoyser:

I'd check belts before doing anything else, and as Snoiman says let us know a model number and we can offer more info.

Cheerio,

Snowman53

Old 12-15-04, 08:56 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
I would agree with belts and pulleys first, sounds like somin bindin maybe jumpin or pulley (idler pulley maybe if equiped) stuck or linkage.....