2 older walkbehind mowers

Old 12-12-04, 04:32 AM
percisioncarp
Visiting Guest
2 older walkbehind mowers

Hello all i have just joined

I am trying to find out all the information i can on the 2 walk behind mowers i have <both needing work> one is a 32 inch cut with a wisconsin motor 450v i have talked to a company that handles Wisconsin Robin motors and they told me that, That motor was made for Snapper but i can not find any tags with ser #s on it

The other one i have is a 33 inch cut with a kawasaki i was told it was a scag but like the other one no #s

I am looking for any and all info and parts for these two mowers

thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-04, 08:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello percisioncarp!

Welcome to DIY.com.
Unfortunately, without more information, we cannot begin to guess what make of mowers you have. There are many many possibilities. Scag, Yazoo, Kees, Falls, Sarlo, and several others made mowers, possibly of this size. The wisconsin engines were often retro-fitted onto mowers. That could be the case on yours. What color are they? Single or twin blade? No #s or letters of any kind? Horizontal shaft engines I assume? Do they have casdter wheels or fixed wheels on front? Spoke wheels in back? Blade held on with a nut or bolt? How many nuts/bolts holding blade on?

With no names or ID#s, the answers to these questions might give us a better chance of correctly guessing the manufacturer of these mowers. Any chance of posting a link to a pic of them?

Old 12-12-04, 08:54 PM
Model Serial Type and Code and model name would be nice.

Old 12-13-04, 09:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Terminator, if you'll re-read the original post, you'll see that the numbers aren't there, and also...wisconsin engines don't have type and code numbers. That's for briggs and stratton engines only.

Old 12-25-04, 02:55 AM
percisioncarp
Visiting Guest
Up date

ok the one with the Wisconsin is a snapper made late 80s early 90s i talked to wisconsin about the motor that motor was made strictly for snapper at those times then i went to snapper and got some info and pics and they match i still do not have a model # of that mower ....

the other one is a Scag mower ... I found a place that had a catalog of both snapper and scag and had them send it to me ... now the fun begins the winter project of rebuilding both of them for the new season of cutting