Craftsman power lawnmower

Old 12-12-04, 01:36 PM
sachouse
Visiting Guest
Craftsman power lawnmower

Hey all,

I inherited a craftsman 5HP power lawnmower from the previous owner of my house. I have no owners manual, and I can't get it to start. I'm not even sure what the correct method is. I have checked that it contains gas, and thats about all I have knowledge of. I have pulled the cord with about every configuration (low/high setting, gas lever clutched/unclutched, lever down/up). And all I have acheived is a sore arm. Not sure where to even start solving this problem since I don't have an owners manual, and I can't find one on craftsman site. Any help at all would be very helpfull.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-04, 08:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello sachouse!

Can you give us the model# and/or at least the brand of engine on it? Generally, you push the primer bulb about 5 times, hold down the safety bar on the handle, and pull the rope.

Old 12-12-04, 08:52 PM
The gas is probably to old it order for it to start. Drain the old fuel out and install new. Small engines take regular unleaded gasoline. Try that and see if it starts, if it does not with the method Cheese described, than the carb may need cleaning unless the engine is not getting spark. Let us know how it goes.