Sawafuji generator

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-04, 03:58 PM
roscodog
Visiting Guest
Sawafuji generator

I have a generator built by Sawafuji electric. It is model AV33C0, No. 3, Mk 102 (3800 watts). The stator windings are fried and my motor winder buddy needs a winding diagram to fix it. Can anyone tel me where I could find such a thing?

Thanks in advance, Ross

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-04, 09:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Ross!

Sorry, but I've never even heard of the name of that generator. Maybe he can make notes or draw a diagram of the windings as they are removed so he will know how they go back on.

Old 01-08-05, 11:01 AM
roscodog
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by cheese
Hello Ross!

Sorry, but I've never even heard of the name of that generator. Maybe he can make notes or draw a diagram of the windings as they are removed so he will know how they go back on.
That's what he does when rewinding the North American generators that he usually does, but he says that the Japanese have a convoluted way of doing it.

Maybe that's by design so that you have to buy a new one instead of repairing your old one?
Thanks, Ross

Old 11-05-11, 09:20 AM
These Sawafuji generator stators are quite common. You will find them on small single phase units with Honda , Yamaha and Kubota to name a few.
You have to unwind the original turns by hand. This is a time consuming exercise and the data needs to be recorded as you unwind it. They have low voltage tappings in the main windings and this supplies voltage to the AVR card. The best way is to send the stator to a burn out oven because this removes all the insulation and resins and what you get back it just the bare copper in the slots.
This is why I charge a lot of money to rewind these and sometimes it works out cheaper to buy another generator.
If I had the data for that particular model I would send it to you.

Good Luck

Old 11-05-11, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
Who would you send it to? The visiting guest that is no longer a member? I'm sure after 7 years they've solved the problem.

Closed Thread