Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

kill switch for honda 7hp?

Visiting Guest

12-23-04, 11:40 PM   #1  
pazgas
kill switch for honda 7hp?

i have a honda (G300)7hp that i would like to put an safety kill switch on.the switch i have(seadogline)has 4 elec. prongs on its backside.2 marked C: coil, 2 marked M: magneto there were no instructions with the switch. my question is - since this was for an outboard motor where do the wires go and how many wires go fr. switch to where they end up. HELP. THANKS Pazgas (jim) BTW. This is for a mud motor/go-devil boat motor.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-24-04, 01:18 AM   #2  
hello pazgas!

To kill the engine, all you have to do is ground the small wire that connects to the coil, or tap into the kill switch wire on the engine and ground it. I don't know how the aftermarket switch you have is configured, but it sounds like all it does is interrupt the connection between the coil(s) and magneto(s) on an engine. The honda doesn't work that way. The coil and magneto are one unit and there is no place to interrupt the signal. You could make the safety switch trigger a relay that would ground the coil wire, killing the engine, if you are running an electrical setup on the boat. If you'd like to do this, I'll help you figure it out.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

01-15-05, 05:20 PM   #3  
keithisback1
kill switch for mercury

i have a older model mercury 80 horse motor on my boat and i was wondering if you could tell me where to get a kill switch and how i would go about hooking it up please help thanks keith

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-15-05, 09:59 PM   #4  
Hello keith

Welcome to DIY.
I suggest posting this in the boating forum, as the experts there will know much more about this.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread