My Husquvarna chain saw does not start

Old 12-29-04, 02:06 PM
hippomm
Visiting Guest
My Husquvarna chain saw does not start

I own Husquvarna chain saw, model 45. It's 12 yrs old. Has already been
to repair shop and saw was working recently. However, when atteampting to start the saw, it floods out without choke open. Muffler is clear and air filter is clear. With or without chain saw bar the saw still does not start. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-04, 10:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello hippomm!

Sounds to me like you have carb problems. Make sure the fuel lines are not mixed up and connected to the wrong ports on the carb. Other than that, it would be carb related. Did the repair shop do carb work to it?

Old 12-30-04, 05:24 AM
hippomm
Visiting Guest
chainsaw not running

Hello Cheese,
Thank you for your reply. I pulled my arm off yesterday. After sending the e-mail and saw sat for 15 minutes the saw started after the sixth pull. I ran through over ten small logs then shut it off. When I tried to restart it would not start up again. Can it run with the lines crossed because nothing is loose under the cover? I pulled the top cover off to see if there was any loose wires, cables, etc.. Everything looks connected. When repair shop worked on it he made adjustments to idle High and Low screws and changed plug. I checked gap again and it was correct. I will take it back to the same shop (A stihl dealer by the way) Maybe there is to much expense to work on the carb. I thought maybe a bad start / stop switch. I had it replaced before. I will let you know. Thanks again.