Ever heard of "Wisconsin-Robin"...?

Old 01-05-05, 01:32 PM
Ever heard of "Wisconsin-Robin"...?

...because if you have, PLEASE let me know where to begin to search for parts...

My Dad bought a Yazoo 24" Master Mower walk-behind lawnmower back in 1985 that became mine when he passed away...

It's equipped with a Wisconsin-Robin engine, which my lawnmower tech (Roy) told me was unusual, that he'd never seen a W-R on a Yazoo...that my Dad must have had it specially ordered or something...Don't know how true this may be...

It won't start...Roy , whose worked on the mower for me in the past and done a good job, tells me we need a new ignition coil, and that's what we're looking for, with not much luck...

It's a Wisconsin-Robin Model # EY18-3W...the spec # is 800065...and Roy's had the part backordered for 2 months now...I just want to know if anyone can tell me whether or not this part is even available anymore, anywhere..

There's not much support for W-R engines anymore, I'm beginning to think, because the local machine/engine repair shops around my home seem like they've never heard of 'em...

Thanks to all for your time, support, suggestions...

Matt

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-05, 10:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Oh yeah...I've seen lots of them. I believe yours will be a red horizontal shaft engine. At the time yours was made, wisconsin robin was part of teledyne corp. It is no longer part of that company and is no longer called wisconsin robin. It is robin-subaru, or just robin. Parts are available, but I don't know to what extent. They are a Japanese outfit, and very good quality. Prior to the wisconsin robin name, they were just wisconsin. They have pretty much always been really good engines. Industrial quality and worth repairing.

As far as them being on a Yazoo, I see yazoos with them on them fairly regularly....in fact, I have one.

Old 01-06-05, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the info...I would really like to get this mower up and running again..

Please let me know if any of you know where to look for parts...

Thanks,
Matt

Old 01-06-05, 09:59 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
BROWN & WISER , INC. 9991 SW AVERY ST. TUALATINE, OR 97062 503-692-0330
503-691-2041 FAX www.brownandwiser.com [email protected]

You can try these guys, they dont have much online but can help on the phone. Local source I have used in the past.

GL

Old 01-06-05, 12:08 PM
Thanks Azis!

I'll give 'em a call and let you guys know what I find out...

Matt

Old 01-09-05, 12:08 PM
What happened to DIY??...Out of commission for a few days..Someone had listed a new reply, but it's not on DIY anymore....OK, the company Azis told me about did not carry the coil, but they gave me a few phone #'s to call...Found a place in Dallas that can order the part for me...

I'll let you know what I find out, if anyone's interested...

Thanks again for y'all's help,
Matt

Old 01-10-05, 08:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like you're getting somewhere!

I don't know exactly what happened here...technical problems of some sort. I am unaware of the other reply you mentioned, but if it's gone, I guess we'll never know. It may have been lost due to the system failure.