Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ariens ST 2+2 Standard - Carb Trouble

Visiting Guest

01-07-05, 08:37 AM   #1  
tsiedsma
Ariens ST 2+2 Standard - Carb Trouble

I have an Ariens ST 2+2 Standard Snow Blower and it is having troubles running. I took the carb off and replaced the Diaphram, gasket and pin valve. I put it back together and got it started and it ran for about 5 minutes and then died. Now it just leaks gas and won't run.

What should I look for as the cause to this problem?

Also, I have no idea what size motor it has, all I know is that it is a Tecumseh 9.05 Cubic Inch motot. If anyone has anymore information on the motor that would be great.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-07-05, 08:48 AM   #2  
Azis
Sounds as tho your
pin valve
(hopefully the same as needle valve) is stuck open.

Visiting Guest

01-07-05, 08:56 AM   #3  
tsiedsma
Posted By: Azis Sounds as tho your (hopefully the same as needle valve) is stuck open.
Yes, thats it. I had a brain fart and couldn't remember what it was called.

I replaced the needle valve when I installed the new Diaphragm. What could be causing it to stick? This is the model "N" Diaphragm Carburetor. I don't know what the engine is. Would a stuck needle valve cause engine not to run?

Visiting Guest

01-07-05, 09:48 AM   #4  
Azis
Remove the spark plug and if it is wet with fuel, yes it could keep it from running. You dont know what engine and I dont know what carb N diaghram does not register sorry.
Chances are tho if you replaced the valve and you now have the current symptoms, it is not operating properly. Possibly some debris holding it open or the spring that holds tension has sprung loose.
Disassemble and inspect is what I suggest.

Search this Thread