Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

converting to propane or natural gas

01-12-05, 12:51 AM   #1  
converting to propane or natural gas

hi all. i am/have purchased a gas generator(5500 watt, 8200 surge) with a 10 hp b&s motor. i am going to convert it to run on natural gas, and was wondering if anyone else has done this, and if so, what type conversion did you do...i.e. dedicated,tri use, etc., and what company you got it from. any ideas,tips or helpful hints would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-13-05, 12:41 AM   #2  
Hello Tae!

Those conversions are something I've never done. There are conversion kits for many engines, but I can't reccomend one place or style over another since I have no experience in this. Maybe someone here has done this? Anyone?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

PA

01-17-05, 08:28 AM   #3  
I've read that it can be done, but I have zero experience and what I read was just a general article on engines that offered no specifics. Not much use to you in your conversion. I do hope someone does post some useable info as I'm slightly interested in alternate fuels for small engines.

MO

01-17-05, 08:45 AM   #4  
Id call B&S and ask them what kit they have for it. Are you can try Centurion they have a LP set up so they should have it for Nat gas. Then there is Guardian they come in LP or Natural Gas. that would be Generac Power Systems.inc

ED

Search this Thread