Discharge chute clogging

Old 01-26-05, 03:54 AM
jross612
Visiting Guest
Discharge chute clogging

A 5 HP, 21" path snowblower, Signature by Noma (Now owned by Murray). It starts well, but after about 3 minutes, or 12' (Whichever comes first ) the chute clogs. I'm thinking something is wrong with the impeller??

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-05, 01:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Wet or dry snow? My Signature works great in dry snow but does tend to clog with wet snow. Check the auger drive belt to see that it is tight when engaged. Polish or armorall the inside of the chute. That seems to help a little.

Finally, take aggressive runs at the snow. It seems to me that slowing down the attack on the snow allows the chute to clog quicker. I do carry a heavy stick with me when blowing wet snow, just to clear the chute.

Old 01-28-05, 03:22 PM
i have 4.5 21" MTD and ditto ---- chute clogged even with dry snow--- i tightened belt....only snowed once since---- seemed to help

Old 01-29-05, 05:25 AM
clogged chute

I agree with goldstar on aggressive approach to snow. Also be sure engine is up to full speed. Even a couple of hundred RPM will make a difference on chute clogging.
Mike A

Old 01-29-05, 08:10 AM
jross612
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the ideas. The machine is actually the neighbor's, so I'll pass on the info. I'm getting tired of doing my drive and his ...